Wednesday, July 31, 2013

My Mother

Her children rise up and call her blessed....Proverbs 31:28


This is the eulogy I wrote for my beloved mother.

To tell you the truth I had a hard time putting what my mom has meant to me into writing.  How can I confine a lifetime of such selfless love and devotion to her family to a piece of paper?  My mom is part of me, she is the one who showed me what love really is, what it means to be a wife, mother, sister and a friend. What it means to love and be loved.
We shared so much together as a family, but also as mother and daughter we shared the simple things. Things like shopping, lunches, school activities, trips to the ocean, all centered on her love and dreams for us. She was our biggest cheerleader.
One word that comes to mind is "fierce". My mother was fiercely loyal and she cared about anything we cared about. One of my friends from 35 years ago, who was without her mom at the time and spent the night with us, still remembers her kindness and the pancakes she made for us for breakfast.Her love and devotion has touched many lives.
I will cherish our memories and will honor her love and life by carrying her spirit in my heart as I live the life she gave to me to the fullest, sharing the beauty of her memory always.


No comments:

Post a Comment