Friday, October 18, 2013

It's Been A Long Time

A bruised reed He will not break, a smoldering wick he will not snuff out. In faithfulness He will bring forth justice. Isaiah 42:3

It's been a long time. I've had a very emotional time since we marked the 1 year anniversary of Mom's passing. Dad found a urn for Mom and a matching mini urn for me. Dad and my uncle are in Pennsylvania now to bury Mom next to my Grandma, who passed in 1999. I never would have thought I'd want to have an urn for Mom at home. Well, not until she left me. While I know she is with the LORD and is free from her earthly suffering, it is still hard for me to know she will be laid to rest so far from here. I really felt the need to have a part of her with me in remembrance. It's just another finality that my soul has needed time to come to terms with. I understand how Mom felt now and why it is good for her to be near her own mother. More important to me than any physical marker is the memory of her I carry in and out through my heart each day as I live this precious life she gave to me.  In less than 2 weeks is what would have been your 71st birthday. I see your smile in my son and feel your love and understanding in the smell of my morning coffee. I hear your voice in the sound of the wind rushing through the trees in their Fall glory. I love you Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment